◦ “BlancRide” refers to Blanclink, the owning company and platform provider.
◦ “BlancRide Account/Profile” refers to an account with the BlancRide Platform created by a User, and used in order to access the Services.
◦ “BlancRide Platform” refers collectively to BlancRide’s website, mobile application, and Services.
◦ “Driver” refers to the person using the Services to offer to share a ride with a Passenger, and to transport that Passenger to a given destination at an agreed time in exchange for offsetting the costs of the ride.
◦ “Passenger” means a person who has accepted the offer of a ride from a Driver.
◦ “Services” refers to any of the services provided by the BlancRide Platform.
◦ “User” refers to a person who has registered with BlancRide for the use or potential use of the Services.
◦ “Vehicle” means the vehicle offered by a Driver for the purpose of transporting the Passenger to his or her destination.
Data we collect from you
In order to operate the BlancRide Platform and to provide You with information about products or services that may be of interest to You, We may collect “personal information” (i.e. information that could be used to contact You directly without using the BlancRide Platform such as full name, postal address, phone number, credit/debit card information, or email address), or “demographic information” (i.e. information that You submit, or that We collect, that is not personal information; this may include, but is not limited to, postal code, hometown, gender, username, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, and registration history information). We may also collect the contact information of Your friends, if You choose to connect Your contacts and address book information with BlancRide, and Your login credentials to Your social network accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, if You choose to connect those accounts with Your BlancRide account. You represent and warrant that You have the authority to provide Us with any such contact information.
Information You provide To Us directly:
We ask for certain information that may include Your username, first and last name, birthdate, phone number, e-mail address, photograph denoting identity, insurance slip photo, vehicle make, model and year, driver’s license number, automobile registration information, and automobile insurance policy, as well as any information You permit Us to collect as part of a background check when You register with BlancRide, or if You correspond with Us. You may also provide Us with Your financial information for purposes of processing a transaction on or through the Services. We may also retain any messages You send through the Services, and may collect information You provide as User content You post to the Services. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to You the features and functionality of the Services.
How data is used
1. Analytics information. We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help Us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools may collect information sent by Your browser or mobile device, including the pages You visit and other information that assists Us in improving the Services. We collect and use this information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
2. Cookies information: When You visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a User’s web browser — to Your computer that uniquely identifies Your browser and lets BlancRide help You log in faster and enhance Your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to Us about how You use the Services (e.g., the pages You view, the links You click and other actions You take on the Service), and allow Us or Our business partners to track Your usage of the Services over time. A persistent cookie remains on Your hard drive after You close Your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by Your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after You close Your browser. You can reset Your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
3. Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by Your browser or mobile device each time You access the Services. When You use Our Service, Our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as Your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how You interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. In addition, in certain instances the browser may prompt You for Your geo-location to allow Us to provide You with an enhanced experience. With this technical data Our website administrators can manage the BlancRide Platform, for instance by resolving technical difficulties or improving the accessibility of certain parts of the BlancRide Platform. This way, We ensure that You can continue to find the information on the Website in a quick and simple manner. For more information, see the section below on location data.
4. Clear gifs/web beacons information: When You use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, We may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to Our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
5. Device identifiers: When You access the Services by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), We may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with Your mobile device, which uniquely identify Your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by BlancRide. A device identifier may convey information to Us about how You browse and use the Services. A device identifier may remain persistently on Your device, to help You log in faster and enhance Your navigation through the Services. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
6. Location data: When You access the Services by or through a mobile device, We may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of Your mobile device. Location data may convey to Us information about how You browse and use the Services. Some features of the Services, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled. If You are traveling in a Vehicle, We will collect the Driver’s geo-location information from the Driver’s mobile device. Because You are travelling in the Vehicle, this means We will also indirectly collect Your location information. This information is necessary to calculate Your fare, send You a receipt showing the route of the ride, allow You to view Your trip history in Your BlancRide account, and handle complaints from You or Drivers.
7. Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with You. We may send You electronic messages containing newsletters, surveys, promotions and special offers as a result of the express consent you have provided in agreeing to the Terms & Conditions. If You do not want to receive such email messages, in compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, You will be given the option to opt out or change Your preferences. We also use Your information to send You Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
9. Use of the Mobile Application: When using BlancRide’s mobile application, we may also collect and process technical data including Your Device ID or Mac-Address, IP-address, and certain information about the manufacturer, model, and operating system of Your mobile device. This information is utilized to ensure the functionality of the mobile application.
10. Account Creation: When registering as a new User, We may collect Your name, email address, country, language, password, mobile phone number, IP-address, MAC-address, and Your credit card number, expiry date and security code. We may use Your contact details to send You a welcoming email to verify Your username and password, to communicate with You in response to Your inquiries, and to send You service-related announcements, for instance, if our Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance. For the purposes of verifying Your Driver status and conducting a background check, We may also collect information regarding the User’s driver’s license; vehicle make, model and year; automobile registration information; automobile insurance policy, or any other related information that may be required for Us to successfully complete the Driver verification and background check process.
11. General Statistical Data: BlancRide may use Users’ personal information in an anonymized and aggregated form to monitor which elements of the BlancRide platform are used the most, and to determine general usage patterns.
12. Photo: If You choose to provide a photo for Your BlancRide profile, Your photo will be viewable to either the driver that is picking You up, or the passenger You are picking up. You may edit Your profile to remove or update Your photo.
13. Payment: The credit or debit information collected may be provided to a secure third party to process the necessary payments for Your requests or rides.
14. Marketing: BlancRide may use Your contact details to send You general updates regarding BlancRide news, special offers and promotions. You may at all times opt-out of receiving these updates.
Disclosure and sharing of user information
Third Parties: BlancRide may choose to employ third parties or individuals to provide elements of the Services on our behalf, or a number of other services including, but not limited to, providing customer support, providing geo-location information, to perform website and application related services, processing payments, or to assist in analysis of general statistical user data. These third parties will be given access to Your personal information only to the extent required to perform these services. BlancRide will not resell Your information to any third party outside of BlancRide and any of its group partners, parent, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
Instances where Information You provide may be shared with Third Parties:
◦ As part of Our booking process and in order to provide Our Services, Your information may be passed to a Passenger (if You are a Driver), or to a Driver (if You are a Passenger).
◦ We may be required to disclose or share Your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations.
◦ may share information with any of Our international partner websites.
◦ We may transfer Your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of Our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganization, but We will take steps with the aim of ensuring that Your privacy rights continue to be protected.
◦ In order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blanclink, the BlancRide Platform Users, or any other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your rights as a user
General: You may update Your account information and communication preferences at any time by logging into Your account and updating this information.
Information Retention: At any time You have the right to terminate Your account and request erasure or correction of Your personal information. BlancRide will only retain Your profile information and User content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival or audit purposes. At the time of termination, We may also anonymize Your data, unless these data are necessary to comply with a legal obligation or resolve disputes.
Your BlancRide Profile is password-protected so that only You and authorized BlancRide employees have access to Your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give Your password to anyone. Our staff will never proactively reach out to You and ask for any personal account information, including Your password. If You share a computer, You should sign out of Your BlancRide account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect Your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
BlancRide has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Our control. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computer networks which may be located outside of the state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction in which You reside, and the country or jurisdiction in which these computer networks are located may not have privacy laws as protective as the laws in Your country or jurisdiction.
As BlancRide’s services are not targeted to individuals under the age of 18, they are not permitted to register with or use the Services, or provide any personal data. Nowhere on the BlancRide Platform do we knowingly collect, keep, or maintain the personal information of children under the age of 18. If We discover that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 18, We will delete the information immediately.